Sun Island Resort & Spa
The resort is situated on Nalaguraidhoo island which is almost 1.6 km in length and around 440 m. wide, so it’s rather big according to Maldives standards. But no worries buggy service is provided within the resort and there’s a possibility to rent bicycles to move around the island as well. This makes it easier when you need to have an access to the most of activity places, restaurants and various points – unless you prefer to walk.
Most of the rooms are few steps from the sea with a great view over the ocean. Even when the resort is fully booked it never feels like it’s crowded. It’s easy to find your own private little place. You may wonder around the beautiful long beaches and great green gardens with thick and lush vegetation in the middle.
The transfer to the island takes 30 minutes by domestic flight from Male International Airport. The flight is carried out by the resort and it’s followed with a 10-minute transfer by a speedboat. The island itself is wonderful, the resort is very well organized and they take care of their guests from the arrival to the departure. The staff are welcoming and friendly, always more than happy to help their guests.
The rooms are cleaned twice a day which is even more than enough. The rooms are equipped with hot water kettle and tea coffee pouches. Mini bar is well equipped although it’s chargeable. All extra charges like drinks in the bars, meals in the cafes and restaurants are added to your room credit which you pay on your departure.
Up to 4 persons, (3 Adults OR 2 Adults +2 Children), 21 sqrm, AC, Ceiling fan, IDD telephone, Room safe, Mini bar, Satellite TV, Sitting area, Hair dryer, Beach towels in room, Tea & coffee machine, Hot & cold fresh water, Sun beds
Up to 3 persons, (3 Adults OR 2 Adults +1 Child), 26 sqrm, AC, Ceiling fan, IDD telephone, Room safe, Mini bar, Satellite TV, Sitting area, Hair dryer, Beach towels in room, Tea & coffee machine, Hot & cold fresh water, Sun beds, Bath Tub, Bidet
Up to 3 persons, (3 Adults OR 2 Adults +1 Child), 28 sqrm, AC Ceiling fan, IDD telephone, Room safe, Mini bar, Satellite TV, Sitting area, Hair dryer, Beach towels in room, Tea & coffee machine, Hot & cold fresh water, Sun beds, Bath Tub
p to 4 persons (3 Adults OR 2 Adults +1 Child)32 sqrm, AC, Ceiling fan, IDD telephone, Room safe, Mini bar, Satellite TV, Sitting area, Hair dryer, Beach towels in room, Tea & coffee machine, Hot & cold fresh water, Sun beds, Bath Tub, Bidet, Private Sun Deck, Private Staircase to Lagoon
Up 4 persons (4 Adults OR 2 Adults +2 Child ), Two bedrooms, Two en-suite bathrooms, Master bedroom- Double bed, Second bedroom- Twin beds, Living room with private bar, Tea and coffee-maker facilities, AC, Satellite TV with in-house movies, Cordless telephone in living room, Personal desktop computer, Internet access, Private terrace with Jacuzzi tub, En-suite shower facilities, Hot and cold desalinated water, Hair dryer, Mini bar, Electronic safe, Two IDD telephones
Things to Do
Watersport equipment rentals
Water sports (motorized)
Water sports (non-motorized)
Wi-Fi in public areas
Front desk (24/7)
Children are not accommodated at the Water Bungalows unless disclaimer is signed by the parents.
A person is considered:
Infant: 0 – 1,99 y.o
Child: 2 – 13,99 y.o
Adult: 14+ y.o
Full Board – $US 25-70 per adult, $US 13-35 per child, FOC – infant
All Inclusive – $US 70-110 per adult, $US 35-70 per child, FOC – infant
All Inclusive Plan
Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner are served at mealtimes at Maaniya (Main) Restaurant. Meals from other outlets extra charge.
Maaniya restaurant working hours:
– Breakfast – 07:30-09:00 hrs,
– Lunch – 12:30-14:00 hrs,
– Dinner – 19:30-21:00 hrs.
Main Bar and Coffee shop is available from 10.00 – 01.00 hrs daily.
Beach Bar from 10.00 – 01.00 hrs daily.
Pool Bar from 10.00 – 18.00 hrs daily.
All drinks served by glass one at a time.
Bottled Water, Tea & Coffee – served at all bars and restaurants (Only Regular Coffee is included.)
Soft drinks and Fruit Juice – served at all bars and restaurants (Only canned or bottled drinks. Fresh fruit juices are chargeable.)
Wine (House wine only) – served at all bars and restaurants (Premium brands of wine & all sparkling wine are chargeable.)
Beer (draught /can) – served at all bars and restaurants
Sprit (Gin, Vodka, Rum & Whiskey) – served at all bars and restaurants, except main restaurant
Selected Cocktails – served at all bars and restaurants, except pool bar
Afternoon Tea & Snacks – served at Coffee Shop
Soft Mini Bar (one filling per day) :
2 Coca Cola (300ml), 2 Sprite(300ml) and 2Soda (300ml)
Badminton, Gymnasium, Snooker/ Billiards, Table Tennis (Only Daylight. Floodlit at extra charge), Volley Ball (beach), Squash, Sauna, Steam Bath, Tennis, Basket Ball, Jacuzzi, Dart, Mini Golf, Windsurfing, Canoeing. All sports equipment is included. All sports are available subject to availability. Lessons and certifications are at extra charge.
One Night fishing excursion per guest per stay for guest who stay 6 nights or more.
The“all inclusive” package does not include the following;
– Food & Beverages from any of the other restaurants other than stated above.
– Food & Beverages not listed above such as other liquors, liqueurs, selections from the Wine List, Espresso, Cappuccino, blended drinks and cocktails.
– Food and Beverages from Room Service and alcohol from the guest room Mini Bar and items not listed in the soft mini bar section above.
– Beverages served from 0100 hrs to 1000 hrs, except for main restaurant during breakfast.
– Local and International Telephone/Fax calls / Internet / E-Mails
– Compulsory Christmas & New Year Supplement.
– Photo Lab / Jewellery Shop / Souvenir Shop / Laundry Service
– Drinks consumed on excursions or any other outdoor activities are not included in this all-inclusive package, hence, charges will be made at the hotel prices.
– Diving & any other recreation or sports (land and water based) facilities not stated herein as all-inclusive.
– Airport/Resort/Airport Transfers
– Any other services, amenities and facilities not stated herein as all-inclusive is/are also not included in this all-inclusive package.
HOW IT WORKS
– All types of beverages are for the personal consumption, served one glass at a time, ordered while at the Resort’s Main Restaurant, Main Bar, Pool Bar & Beach Bar.
– Beverages (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) can be ordered one at a time and not in advance.
– No refund for missed meals will be entertained nor can any benefits of the package be transferred to another guest.
– All the guests staying in the same room should be on “all inclusive” basis.
– Alcoholic drinks will not be served to persons less than 18 years of age.
– The “all inclusive” package is available only for the guests’ entire stay and the guests who cut short their stay will not be refunded.
– The hotel cannot be held responsible for the facilities, services and amenities that cannot be used due to weather conditions or due to circumstances beyond our control.
– Upon check–in at the resort a wrist bracelet should be worn at all times as an identification of entitlement for the all inclusive services and which should be returned to the front desk cashiers at the time of final settlement.
– In case of loss of the bracelet a surcharged of US$20.00 will be charged for a new one.
– Our procedure requires billing for all consumption of food & beverage as well as for all other services. All guests are required to sign in the bills that are presented against any service provided.
– The benefits of the package can be enjoyed until check-out or check-out time of 1200hrs noon whichever is earlier. In case the transfer gets delayed or advanced due to transfer rescheduling, the clients cannot claim for a refund.
– (To be informed at the time of booking and wedding certificate copy to be submitted and the travel should be within 6 months from date of marriage)
– A Bottle of Sparkling Wine and a fruit basket. (For Wedding not older than 6 months, proof required at the time of booking)
Silver & Gold Anniversary
– (To be informed at the time of booking and wedding certificate copy to be submitted and the travel should be applicable to the anniversary date)
– A Bottle of Sparkling Wine and a fruit basket.
– (To be informed at the time of booking and will be cross checked at the time of check-in at the resort)
– A Birthday Cake and a bottle of wine on Birthdays celebrated at the resort.
Kids free offer
– Offer is applicable for all NEW bookings confirmed from 13th November 2018 to 27th December 2019, for stays from 28th December 2017 to 27th December 2019.
– Kids Free applies for children (2-11.99 years) sharing with parents’ room ONLY. Children occupying separate rooms will be charged at adult rates.
– Free accommodation for children will be provided on the same meal plan of sharing adults.
– Christmas and New Year Gala Dinner supplements for free children will be waived off.
– Cancellation of existing bookings and rebooking at any Villa Resorts will not be accepted.
– All other Terms & Conditions are as per the Contract or Rate Sheet.
If the price of aviation fuel changes by more than 2.50 US cents per litre from base price, the carrier will impose surcharge of US$2/- per person per return flight for every increase of 2.50 cents per liter from the base rate. The base rate for the purpose of calculation is 80cents. The fuel price refers to the price published by the Maldivian Airports Company.
Air transfer rate may change from time to time by the carrier and the hotel will inform the agent about revision in the air transfer rates as soon as possible
Baggage allowance is 25 kg for checked baggage and 5kg hand luggage. Excess baggage to be borne by clients and settled at the Flyme counter directly at the rate of US$2 per KG plus taxes.
Carrier will not guarantee baggage on the same flight as passenger but will deliver on the same day.